Facebook Email by invite only, non friends are blocked by default and more…
Zuckerberg says “But it’s not email…”
“It’s not e-mail. It handles e-mail in addition to Facebook messages, and Facebook IM, and other IM and SMS and all the other different ways that you want to communicate,” Zuckerberg said. “It’s true, people are going to be able to have Facebook.com e-mail addresses, but it’s not e-mail.”
- Incoming mail to a @facebook.com account will be blocked by default if you are not mutual friends on Facebook.
- From the data that had been researched by Compete Pulse, the growth of web-based email users as a whole decreased by approximately 11% from year to year.
- By this study, email will cease to expand at all within less than nine years, and the decline of email has already begun.
- Zuckerberg said no voice or video chat will be available soon, but that option may come into play depending on demand for it.
- As marketers, those of us who create large followings on popular content delivery streams, think Twitter, YouTube, Google Buzz and Facebook, will be positioned to better survive and even thrive into the next decade.
- In my personal testing in the last 3 years, email still converts better than any social medium, the idea is to get your social following into your autoresponder / email list.
- If you are going to accept Facebook email addresses in your autoresponder forms, stressing how to whitelist your email address will be very important.
- Want to try Facebook email for yourself? Invite only….
Get your Facebook email invite here!
Let us know what you think about Facebook’s Inbox in the comments below…